Hysata is on a mission to accelerate the shift from fossil fuels to green hydrogen, with a disruptive approach to electrolysis.
The Hysata founding team comprises electrolyser industry veterans and the company is backed by leading cleantech investors. Our breakthrough technology has been recognised in top-tier journal Nature Communications and has created a buzz in the green hydrogen sector due to its promise to revolutionise the economics of green hydrogen production. This is possible due to Hysata’s unique combination of low capex and an ultrahigh system efficiency of 95% – a gigantic leap vs existing electrolysers which are at around 75%.
On the pathway to net-zero, green hydrogen is going to be a massive new multi-trillion-dollar global industry, of similar scale to today’s natural gas industry. With its world-beating technology and strong customer pull, Hysata is targeting becoming the leader global electrolyser player, with multi-gigawatt-scale manufacturing and putting a major dent in global emissions.
We are looking for a Product Manager to understand customer requirements and use these insights to guide product development. This role offers the opportunity to be an early team member in a fast growth company at the forefront of the green hydrogen industry. The role reports to the Chief Commercial Officer.
- Define and drive Hysata’s product vision
- Be the voice of the customer guiding product development
- Deeply understand customer requirements across different end use sectors and geographies, including hydrogen specifications, electrolyser performance requirements, installation, commissioning and servicing, input power profiles, and relevant standards and certification.
- Inform Hysata’s market research to understand customers and competitors and maximise Hysata’s sustainable competitive advantage
- Develop product specifications to inform the technical development of Hysata’s electrolyser
- Work closely with the relevant teams (Commercial, R&D, Engineering, Project Management, Manufacturing) to steer development of the product in a way that best meets customers’ needs and Hysata’s objectives (e.g. profitability, scalability)
- Define a product and services roadmap and coordinate and optimise product releases
- Develop the product messaging and associated customer facing materials (e.g. spec sheets) and internal materials (e.g. sales training materials)
- Answer customers’ technical and commercial questions e.g. completing RFIs
- Ensure Hysata’s development and testing plans are aligned with achieving bankability as rapidly as possible
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of Hysata’s operating system (mission, culture, processes etc)
- Lead a small, nimble team that initially includes a techno-economic analyst, and will grow to include subject matter experts
To be successful you will ideally have
- Product Management experience in electrolysers or a similar technology e.g. fuel cells
- Background in clean tech and/or energy sector (preferred)
- Background in physical sciences (e.g. chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, physics) and/or business (e.g. B2B sales, marketing) (preferred)
- Broad knowledge across key disciplines and areas e.g. electrochemistry, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, finance, customer end use sectors
- Excellent interpersonal skills – empathy for, and the ability to listen deeply to customers, ability to influence internal stakeholders across teams and communicate a strong vision
- Excellent communication skills – speaking with customers and the Hysata team, and developing compelling materials (e.g., printed materials, web content, slides) to communicate the product vision, specifications and benefits
- A creative and flexible approach to problem solving
- The ability to operate effectively in an early-stage company, and to establish the required systems and processes
- A passion for product management and delivering an excellent product that exceeds the expectations of customers while being highly profitable for Hysata
- A passion for helping address the climate crisis in a fast-paced, high-growth young company
- Full time
- Location: Wollongong
- Competitive base salary and options
- Start date: ASAP
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org