Hysata is on a mission to accelerate the shift from fossil fuels to green hydrogen, with a disruptive approach to electrolysis.
The Hysata founding team comprises electrolyser industry veterans and the company is backed by leading cleantech investors. Our breakthrough technology has been recognised in top-tier journal Nature Communications and has created a buzz in the green hydrogen sector due to its promise to revolutionise the economics of green hydrogen production. This is possible due to Hysata’s unique combination of low capex and an ultrahigh system efficiency of 95% – a gigantic leap vs existing electrolysers which are at around 75%.
On the pathway to net-zero, green hydrogen is going to be a massive new multi-trillion-dollar global industry, of similar scale to today’s natural gas industry. With its world-beating technology and strong customer pull, Hysata is targeting becoming the leader global electrolyser player, with multi-gigawatt-scale manufacturing and putting a major dent in global emissions.
Joining now represents a rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a fast-growth company that’s having a real impact. What’s more, you’ll be joining a team of smart, driven, collaborative and highly dedicated individuals who love solving engineering challenges and who are excited to be fighting the climate crisis.
- Design and execute experiments to ensure the cell/stack meet the performance and reliability requirements
- Interpret test results to provide the rest of the Hysata team feedback for product design
- Characterise cells and perform validation tests to improve established procedures for assembly of electrochemical devices
- Collaborate with team members to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues that arise
- Be involved in data reviews to enable data driven learning
- Provide input on SOPs and safety protocols for new and existing laboratory processes
To be successful you will ideally have
- BS or advanced degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in electrochemical science/testing and electrode material development/characterisation
- Working knowledge of electrolysers, battery,or energy storage systems
- Motivated, capable of working independently within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Ability to adapt within a highly dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Experience in using statistical methods to guide product/process development decisions a plus
- Fluency in Python, Matlab, or similar packages for analysing data is a plus
Location: Wollongong Area
Package: competitive base salary and options
Start date: ASAP
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org