Hysata is on a mission to accelerate the shift from fossil fuels to green hydrogen, with a disruptive approach to electrolysis.
The Hysata founding team comprises electrolyser industry veterans and the company is backed by leading cleantech investors. Our breakthrough technology has been recognised in top-tier journal Nature Communications and has created a buzz in the green hydrogen sector due to its promise to revolutionise the economics of green hydrogen production. This is possible due to Hysata’s unique combination of low capex and an ultrahigh system efficiency of 95% – a gigantic leap vs existing electrolysers which are at around 75%.
On the pathway to net-zero, green hydrogen is going to be a massive new multi-trillion-dollar global industry, of similar scale to today’s natural gas industry. With its world-beating technology and strong customer pull, Hysata is targeting becoming the leader global electrolyser player, with multi-gigawatt-scale manufacturing and putting a major dent in global emissions.
Joining now represents a rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a fast-growth company that’s having a real impact. What’s more, you’ll be joining a team of smart, driven, collaborative and highly dedicated individuals who love solving engineering challenges and who are excited to be fighting the climate crisis.
- Develop full scale fabrication processes for electrolyzer electrodes
- Work with the electrode development and manufacturing team to transfer and scale up the electrode production processes from bench-scale to gigawatt factory
- Identify manufacturing equipment suitable for small and large-scale electrode/cell component production
- Implement and document process characterisation/metrology around process controls, raw material qualification, and electrodepropertiesduring production
- Develop SOP and provide training to the rest of the Hysata team on new manufacturing equipment and processes
To be successful you will ideally have
- A degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of post-degree industrial experience in manufacturing, process engineering, R&D
- Knowledge of environment, health, and safety (EHS) requirements for manufacturing
- Experience in using statistical methods to guide process development decisions
- Working knowledge of mixing, coating technologies, electrodeposition, drying, heat-treatment, and other processes related to large scale electrode production
- Motivated, capable of working independently within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Ability to adapt within a highly dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Experience with electrolyzers, battery or energy storage systems a plus
- Experience in the design of automated processes is a plus
Location: Wollongong Area
Package: competitive base salary and options
Start date: ASAP
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org