Hysata is on a mission is to accelerate the shift from fossil fuels to green hydrogen, with a disruptive approach to electrolysis.
The Hysata founding team comprises electrolyser industry veterans and the company is backed by leading cleantech investors. Our breakthrough technology has been recognised in top-tier journal Nature Communications and has created a buzz in the green hydrogen sector due to its promise to revolutionise the economics of green hydrogen production. This is possible due to Hysata’s unique combination of low capex and an ultrahigh system efficiency of 95% – a gigantic leap vs existing electrolysers which are at around 75%.
We are seeking a Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineer to work on multiple projects with direct responsibility for design and prototyping of manufacturing fixtures, processes, and tools. The ideal candidate will be highly innovative, with experience with CAD and fabrication methods (3D printing, machining, laser cutting, etc), and is comfortable with hands-on work. Familiarity in writing code to interface/control instruments will be useful. You will thrive in the fast paced start-up world where no two days are the same. You’ll be joining a team of smart, driven, collaborative and highly dedicated individuals who love solving engineering challenges and who are excited to be fighting the climate crisis.
- Design, build, and validate prototypes, fixtures, and tools
- Meet design requirements via an iterative process, collaborating with team members
- Direct involvement with prototyping product designs and manufacturing assembly processes
- Work with Hysata partners to define, develop, and validate manufacturing processes and tools
- Define and execute validation plans in collaboration with the rest of the Hysata team
- Be involved in data reviews to enable data driven learning
- Develop SOPs and safety protocols for new tools and processes
To be successful you will ideally have
- Engineering degree in Mechanical or similar field
- 5+ years of experience in mechanical design
- Experience in using computer-aided design (Inventor preferred)
- Contributed to delivering complex projects requiring new process technology and new equipment development, including process and equipment specification
- Fabrication experience a must – hands-on R&D, design, build, test
- Experience with introduction of new processes and optimising in a manufacturing scale-up environment with best practice methods
- PFMEA, QA/QC, SOP, design and process validation
- Contributed to product design and development through DFMA (Design for Manufacture and Assembly), DFMEA, validation testing, materials selection, process technology selection
- Skills in applying advanced manufacturing, automation, and digital technology to new/improved manufacturing solutions
- Clear and open communication
- Motivated, capable of working independently within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Expertise beyond your field of qualification/degree – spanning mechanical, design, electrical and controls, robotics, materials science and technology
- Experience with managing relationships with technology partners and vendors through R&D, design, built, test, commissioning and operational support
- Ability to adapt within a highly dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Experience with electrolysers, battery or energy storage systems a plus
- Location: Wollongong
- Package: competitive base salary and options
- Start date: ASAP
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.