Hysata is on a mission to accelerate the shift from fossil fuels to green hydrogen, with a disruptive approach to electrolysis.
The Hysata founding team comprises electrolyser industry veterans and the company is backed by leading cleantech investors. Our breakthrough technology has been recognised in top-tier journal Nature Communications and has created a buzz in the green hydrogen sector due to its promise to revolutionise the economics of green hydrogen production. This is possible due to Hysata’s unique combination of low capex and an ultrahigh system efficiency of 95% – a gigantic leap vs existing electrolysers which are at around 75%.
On the pathway to net-zero, green hydrogen is going to be a massive new multi-trillion-dollar global industry, of similar scale to today’s natural gas industry. With its world-beating technology and strong customer pull, Hysata is targeting becoming the leader global electrolyser player, with multi-gigawatt-scale manufacturing and putting a major dent in global emissions.
Joining now represents a rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a fast-growth company that’s having a real impact. What’s more, you’ll be joining a team of smart, driven, collaborative and highly dedicated individuals who love solving engineering challenges and who are excited to be fighting the climate crisis.
- Program and operate a range of machine and rapid prototyping tools including CNC mill, laser cutter, 3D printer, grinders to manufacture components
- Manage the machine shop ensuring proper machine function, inventory of raw materials, area safety and tidiness
- Fabricate custom solutions (components and assemblies) for problems posed by the Hysata team, offering feedback on designs
- Detail up drawings from CAD models produced by the group for internal and external fabrication
- Be part of the training process of a growing team on equipment usage and shop best practices
- Recommend and lead the installation of new tools/equipment to increase shop throughput
- Provide input on SOPs and safety protocols for new and existing equipment
To be successful you will ideally have
- 3+ years of experience working as a machinist or in a prototyping shop setting
- Ability to program and run a CNC Mill
- Working knowledge of work holding methods and fixturing
- CAD/CAM knowledge
- Able to interpret and produce technical drawings and GD&T Tolerancing
- Comfortable working with plastics and metals
- Motivated, capable of working independently within a multi-disciplinary environment, and able to solve commonly encountered problems
- Clear and open communication
- Ability to adapt within a highly dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Experience fabricating custom components and machines a plus
Location: Wollongong Area
Package: competitive base salary and options
Start date: ASAP
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org