Hysata is on a mission to accelerate the shift from fossil fuels to green hydrogen, with a disruptive approach to electrolysis.
The Hysata founding team comprises electrolyser industry veterans and the company is backed by leading cleantech investors. Our breakthrough technology has been recognised in top-tier journal Nature Communications and has created a buzz in the green hydrogen sector due to its promise to revolutionise the economics of green hydrogen production. This is possible due to Hysata’s unique combination of low capex and an ultrahigh system efficiency of 95% – a gigantic leap vs existing electrolysers which are at around 75%.
On the pathway to net-zero, green hydrogen is going to be a massive new multi-trillion-dollar global industry, of similar scale to today’s natural gas industry. With its world-beating technology and strong customer pull, Hysata is targeting becoming the leader global electrolyser player, with multi-gigawatt-scale manufacturing and putting a major dent in global emissions.
Joining now represents a rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a fast-growth company that’s having a real impact. What’s more, you’ll be joining a team of smart, driven, collaborative and highly dedicated individuals who love solving engineering challenges and who are excited to be fighting the climate crisis.
- Research, model, analyse, develop, design, and optimise secure, reliable electric power systems and architectures for Hysata’s high-efficiency water electrolyser, including associated:
- electrical/electronic systems,
- control systems,
- communication systems,
- utility / customer interconnections (including meeting grid operator standards and requirements),
- data collection / performance evaluation systems,
- risk mitigation systems, and
- cyber security systems,
- Develop and implement new techniques / methodologies /control systems for the integration of different energy resources at various points of consumption.
- Evaluate safety risks and use risk-analysis techniques to develop and implement mitigation measures to address potential failure modes and power system disruptions.
- Coordinate the selection, procurement, assembly, installation, commissioning, and monitoring of electric power systems, equipment, and components, for Hysata’s high-efficiency water electrolyser.
- Evaluate electrical designs (including interconnections and microgrid designs) and system integration plans for Hysata’s high-efficiency water electrolyser.
- Lead or mentor other power engineers in Hysata’s broader team.
To be successful you will ideally have
- A degree in Electrical Engineering, or similar field
- 5+ years of experience in power engineering, preferably with associated experience in data management and analytics
- Project and team leadership experience
- Hands on experience with electric power engineering systems
- Ability to solve problems via a blend of creativity, clear communication, and good judgement
- Motivated, capable of working independently within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Ability to adapt within a highly dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Experience with electrolysers, battery, or electrical energy storage systems a plus
Location: Wollongong Area
Package: competitive base salary and options
Start date: ASAP
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com